#BetterFuture at MWC20
The world’s mobile operators are unified behind one common industry purpose: Intelligently Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future. Following the mobile industry commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2016, we continue to accelerate their achievement to transform lives and protect our planet.
Ever-increasing mobile broadband and smartphone adoption has allowed almost half the world’s population to access the internet via mobile, and led to an increasing contribution to all 17 Goals over the past year.Between now and 2030, the mobile industry will bring billions of people and things online. This connectivity offers a huge opportunity, as well as a responsibility, to ensure societycan capitalise on the full potential of digital technologies and life-altering services.The next wave of industry growth will come from addressing global social and environmental challenges. It is now imperative to balancelong-term competitive financial returns with generating positive societal and environmental impact.
Learn what the mobile industry is doing to intelligently connect everyone and everything to a better future at MWC20:
- Attend the #BetterFuture Seminar on Tuesday 25 February at 14:00 in CC1.1 to learn why social impact is key to the future growth of the mobile industry, what are the global megatrends shaping the landscape of the global economy and digital future, and why trust and corporate transparency is critical to succeed in the digital age.
- Visit the #BetterFuture stand in Hall 4 every day from Monday 24 to Thursday 27 February to learn about how the mobile industry is addressing sustainability, improving trust, combatting climate change, and how mobile big data could impact 150 million people over the next five years.
- Learn more about mobile policy and regulation in the GSMA Advance taster session on Tuesday 25 February at 09:00, and visit the #BetterFuture stand in Hall 4 to learn about the range of courses the GSMA offers.
- Want to learn more about the SDGs - the world’s to-do list to end poverty, reduce inequalities and tackle climate change? Explore the SDGs with the .
- Watch the GLOMO Awards to find out which mobile innovations are making the most positive impact on the world across a number of categories.8